Cti Builds on Success
Construction has commenced on a 40,000 sq.ft. building adjacent to the existing headquarters building. Three acres of land have been purchased as part of a £4.7 million project that will increase the workspace occupied by Cti on the AMP to 90,000 sq.ft.
Cti provides research and development, product and market development, and consultancy services in the field of metal castings to all market sectors. The new facility will house additional R&D equipment, production-scale ‘technology demonstrators’ and a major investment in state-of-the-art facilities for integrity assessment and product certification to the most exacting standards.
The expansion has been made possible through further finance from NatWest Bank, the sale of Cti’s existing East Bank Road site in Sheffield, and support for capital equipment from Objective 1 European Regional Development Funds and Yorkshire Forward. This latest project will bring Cti’s total capital investment on the AMP to just over £15m.
Cti’s Chief Executive, Mike Ashton, said: "The confidence to undertake another major investment on the AMP so soon reflects the success we’ve achieved in recent years and especially since we moved onto the Park. We’re at the end of a five year Business Plan in which we have met, or bettered, the projections in terms of revenues and profit, achieving an average compound revenue growth of 11%, and projections for the next three years envisage further growth of more than 42%, requiring the recruitment of 30 additional people. This will ensure a sustainable future for Cti as one of the world’s leading centres for research, technology and services relevant to casting supply chains and new markets".
Castings Technology International,
Tel: +44 (0)114 254 1144,
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 6
- TCUK - Titanium Castings for Valves and Pumps
- HH Valves Supply AMEC FW Forged Parallel Slide Valves: HH Valves Ltd implement new manufacturing technology to supply large bore high pressure forged Parallel Slide Valves globally.
- Valve-Kits – the Original Kits Specialists
- Advanced Valve Solutions, Start-Stop Operation Summary
- Cti Provides Advanced Casting Expertise: Recent years have brought some of the most significant changes yet in the 93-year history of British Valve and Actuator Association member Cti.
- Meeting the Economic Challenges
- Valbruna U.K. Ltd Joins the BVAA Membership: Acciaierie Valbruna is a private company with 2,500 employees and an annual output of 200,000 tonnes of speciality steels.
- ABB Introduces Measurement Care Service Agreements for Process Plants: ABB creates new cost-effective set of instrumentation and analyser maintenance service agreements for process plants
- EnerMech Acquires Electrical & Instrumentation Specialist in Largest Deal to Date
- Bonomi (UK) Ltd Aids Customer Design with 3D Drawing Solution