Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
Shortly after joining Blackhall Engineering in July 2007, following his graduation from the local University of Huddersfield, Richard was immediately bought in to the acquisition team for assessing the potential takeover of local valve manufacturing company, Taylorshaw. Having worked there for 12 months as part of his degree, Richard was ideally placed to provide information. During his time at Taylorshaw, Richard experienced a broad cross section of the company including the drawing office, sales
and shop floor, as well as assisting in the planning and moving of the offices and machine shop from the Shaw Valves Lockwood site to the Taylor Valves Milnsbridge facility.
Managing Director James Blackhall said "Richard’s insight into the firm’s profitability, systems and personnel proved invaluable at a time when information was not forthcoming and eventually led to our successful offer which saved many local jobs and a world renowned company". The judges cited Richard’s enthusiasm for the industry as one of the key reasons for him standing out over and above the other entrants as well as his impressive assistance in the team organising the extraction of the firm from the old Milnsbridge site to a modern facility in Huddersfield.
The award has won Richard an all expenses paid trip to Houston, Texas for the 2008 OCT energy conference and capped off a record year for Blackhall Engineering. James later said "We are now expecting great things of Richard but I would like to take the time to say thank you to all staff at both companies for the extra effort they have made during 2007 and I hope for more success in 2008".
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 5
- Kent Introl Re-brand Unveiled
- Apollo Valves - Five Year Warranty
- New Flowserve Publication Helps Customers Eliminate Control Valve Cavitation
- Adanac Aid Comic Relief
- Truflo Marine hosts 19th BAE Key Supplier Forum
- BLACK GOES GREEN
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Hardide at NACE: Hardide Coatings selected to present at NACE CORROSION 2010
- Emerson Successfully Completes First Point Assessment (FPAL)
- Emerson Wins Contract with Golar LNG