Providing In-situ Valve Testing Since 2001
Dismounting safety valves from their operational location can be time-consuming and expensive.
In-situ testing of this form is part of a carefully planned and monitored test and maintenance regime, which also includes periodic strip down, inspection & overhaul, and a highly cost effective means of managing safety valve and relief valve inventories. The Seetru Tru-Test® System offers the opportunity to test valves in real / normal operating conditions, thereby providing added confidence in the protection offered by your safety valves.
It also supports the optimisation if your plant by minimising or removing the required downtime for certification and can also be used in conjunction with the unique Seetru Condition Rating® to extend maintenance frequencies.
Features of the Tru-Test® System
• Objective, accurate and reproducible evaluation of set pressure.
• Tests can be 'hot', i.e. in-situ with medium pressure acting on the safety valve, or “cold”, i.e. on or off site and in-situ with no medium pressure acting on the safety valve.
• Highly accurate transducers (0.1% accuracy) are used to measure force and lift.
• Fully automatic test and control of test, the test takes place without human operator intervention.
• Pre-programmed computer controlled test cycle.
• Pre-programmed safety limits are sensed and managed automatically during the test cycle in order to prevent damage and to provide fail-safe operation.
• An integrated pressure transducer can be used to provide the most accurate measurement of actual system pressure at the time of the test and as the test evolves.
• Seetru Tru-Test® equipment is ATEX approved for operation in potentially explosive atmospheres.
• Lift limitation is pre-established and provided to minimise the risk of valve damage or a full lift safety valve popping open during test. The computer controlled pre-programmed test eliminates the chance that the inherent vagaries of a human operator manually controlling the lift might result in the safety valve lifting.
• Ability to provide power driven closure of safety valve, should the valve pop open during test.
• Equipment and procedures designed to enhance operational Health and Safety.
• The Seetru safety valve test method using the Tru-Test® system is widely approved, for instance, by Lloyds Register of Shipping and the Insurance Industry.
• Both set pressure and full lift tests available.
• Fully reproducible and objective footprint/benchmark tests for valve health monitoring.
What is the Tru-Test® Measuring?
The Tru-Test® System measures the force necessary to lift the disk away from the seat. Given this force and the effective seal area of the valve it is possible to calculate the equivalent pressure at which the disk lifts away from the seat. This compares with the set pressure as measured by a bench test.
Tel: +44(0)117 930 6148
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 41
- BiS Valves
- Sizing safety valves for supercritical steam boilers
- ‘VALVE USERS’ - BEWARE IMITATION PRODUCTS!
- Crane announces new market focused organization
- KKI - STATOIL Frame Agreements
- VALVE USERS - BEWARE BOGUS AGENTS!
- Providing a Growing Industry...with a Comprehensive Solution
- Single Source HIPPS from BEL Valves and Hima-Sella
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- BEL Valves: ‘One Stop Shop’ suppliers take pain out of specifying and certifying HIPPS