Rotork SPI Delivers Smart Position Indication for Manually Operated Valves
Typical areas of application include chemical and petrochemical plants, power stations, public utilities, airports and fire hydrant systems.
The limit switches in the fully sealed aluminium enclosure use current ECL (Emitter Coupled Logic) principles to provide the control room with a reliable and accurate valve position signal. The maintenance-free unit is environmentally sealed to IP67, ATEX Zone 1 hazardous area compliant and suitable as standard for an ambient operating temperature range of -25ļC to +100ļC (-13ļF to +212ļF). Options include ATEX Zone 2 compliance, direct mounting on valves in sizes up to 75mm (3˝) and a pin/key handwheel.
The ability of the SPI to provide a much-improved solution to the equipment previously used is illustrated by a recent order in Spain. The customerís list of special requirements also demonstrated the flexibility of the SPI design. These included Eexd Certified switches with three metre cable tails for use in a Zone 1 hazardous area and continuous remote signalling of the valve open position between the 60% open and fully open positions.
Tel: +44(0)1623 440211
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 41
- Rotork IQPro electric valve actuators with the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) option
- Hydraulic actuators for South Atlantic floating production vessel
- Emersonís Valve Automation Division
- Rotorkís Golden Celebration
- AUMA secures major water project
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- Flowserve Delivers Valve Solutions: Complete controls assembly for Imerys tube presses
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest Chinaís first major refinery
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation