Moontown Enters 5th Year of UK Manufacturing
The Nottingham based company was established 21 years ago (1996), operating as a distributor for PTFE spring energised seals, hydraulic seals and other high performance associated products. Having built up a customer base, in 2012 Moontown moved to new premises and began to manufacture at their new UK facility; and since then have expanded to 5 times its size. Additionally, the company has invested in EDM machinery to allow them to make their own tooling in-house, and invested in NORSOK and API 6A approval for some of their materials. The company are proud to claim that their products are ‘Manufactured in England’.
One unique trait Moontown deliver is that they pride themselves on their complete service – the service they have come to call ‘Powder to Part’ production service, made up of the following areas:
• ISO 9001:2008 Certified
• In-house PTFE Billet production
• Complete FEA capable design service
• Experienced CNC programmers
• Advanced on-site CNC machining
• In-house spring winding
• EDM facilities for tool making.
Ian Lowe, Technical Sales Engineer commented: “Having all of this onsite, and with the move from distributing to manufacturing, we can maintain a tight control over materials, quality and production – a huge benefit to existing and new customers!” Moontown joined BVAA membership in 2015 and took full advantage of the vast networking and business development opportunities within the membership. They recently attended the BVAA Supplier Day where they exhibited their company / products, and will also be exhibiting at the Spring Conference in May – so make sure you introduce yourself and say ‘hello’ to the Moontown team.
For more information on Moontown and their products contact the team or visit their website below.
Tel: +44(0)1623 751515
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 41
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd