Westlock Controls Launches New Product
Also presents itself as a Crane ChemPharma & Energy business for the first time at 2017 Valve World Americas Expo.
Recently acquired by Crane Co., Westlock is an independent business within Crane’s ChemPharma & Energy business segment and will be displaying its technologies from the Crane booth. Among the products on display will be Westlock’s latest product, the Digital EPIC-2 valve position transmitter. To celebrate both the acquisition and the new product, Crane hosted an inbooth event for attendees on June 20th.
Launched as a second generation product introduction, the Digital EPIC-2 is an intelligent valve position transmitter that offers discrete position control. Its reliable, non-contact position feedback with digital communication via HART® 7 protocol and DTM technology allow seamless integration into any control system, enabling remote configuration, calibration and diagnostics.
Featuring advanced safety functions not previously available on the first generation introduction, the Digital EPIC-2 is capable of performing Emergency Shutdown Monitoring (ESM), simple Partial Stroke Testing (PST) implementation, and Solenoid Operated Valve Testing (SOVT), making it better equipped to preserve the integrity of critical safety systems. Its predictive diagnostics and intelligent alarms can pinpoint the root cause of problems to predict necessary valve maintenance before it fails, lowering the total cost of ownership and ensuring effective valve maintenance and operational integrity.
“We couldn’t be more excited to participate in the Valve World Americas Expo & Conference alongside Crane ChemPharma & Energy,” said William Tatum, Sales Manager, Westlock Controls. “Crane has a strong reputation in the industry with an incredibly comprehensive portfolio, and we truly believe that the contribution of our valve monitoring equipment, like the new Digital-EPIC 2 valve position transmitter, complements Crane’s existing product offering allowing us to better serve all of our customers.”
To learn more about Westlock Controls and its products, visit its website.
Tel: +44 (0) 1892 516 277
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 42
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd