New Pneumatic Actuator For Diaphragm Valves Used In Sterile Applications
September 2017 saw KSB’s Luxembourg subsidiary SISTO Armaturen S.A. launch a new double-acting or single-acting pneumatic actuator.
It is designed for diaphragm valves used for sterile applications in the beverage, food and pharmaceutical industries.
A special technical feature of the new MD30-MD202 actuator range is that the actuator housing and the valve bonnet are made from a single piece of material. Compared with predecessor models, this design change substantially reduces the actuator’s overall height so that considerably less space is required to accommodate block-bodied multiport valves. The actuators are also 45 percent lighter than the two-piece design. In addition to the stainless steel variant, the two largest actuator sizes are also available in a weightsaving aluminium design. The actuator can be fitted to the valve body without nuts as the threads are integrated in the body, significantly facilitating mounting. The orientation of the air connection can be adjusted in 90° steps.
Accessories such as travel stop, positioner or proximity switches for actual-position feedback can be retrofitted by the operator as and when required. The actuators can be replaced with manual actuation bonnets at any time. Thanks to their special design with enclosed, metal spiral supported diaphragm, Sisto C valves offer a long service life and can be operated at pressures as high as 16 bar. September 2017 saw KSB’s Luxembourg subsidiary SISTO Armaturen S.A. launch a new double-acting or single-acting pneumatic actuator.
Tel: 01509 321 872
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 43
- ASCO Numatics Introduces New Range of High Quality, High Performance Aseptic Diaphragm Valves: Unique design innovations enable reduced cleaning cycle times
- Rotork appoints UK distributor for Remote Control valve actuators
- Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.
- Flowserve MaxFlo 3 and NR Diaphragm Actuator Granted SIL 3 Certification
- New Saunders® Exelon range of diaphragms for aggressive slurries
- Rotork acquires Remote Control Sweden
- Emerson Process Management - Valve Automation 1 Force Driving All Valves...Everywhere!
- Tomoe Japan Secures Saudi Electric Company Shuaibah Contract in Partnership with Rotork
- Actuated Solutions Ltd: A company profile
- Offshore Vietnam actuation contract includes High Integrity Pressure Protection System