Total Flexibility In An Electric Actuator From J+J UK, From Stock
To satisfy this demand, stockists can either increase their stock levels for a wide range of products – which is expensive, or manufacturers can design flexibility into their products so that the resulting stock offers a wide range of configurable options.
J+J, the European electric actuator manufacturer, have been at the forefront of innovation in electric actuators since the early 1990s and the current production model, the J3C-S Type, grasps the concept of the need for flexibility with both hands and presents what is probably now the most flexible electric actuator on today’s market.
Wide voltage range: The first step is to hold an actuator that can accept a wide voltage range. The J3C-S not only accepts any AC or DC external supply between 24V and 240V, but its ability to automatically sense the voltage, without requiring to change internal dip switches, or connect between different terminals for ‘low’ or ‘high’ voltage, has a patent pending. This solves the stockist’s conundrum of ’how many of which voltage range’ should we hold.
Configurable function: Next, the standard on-off function needs to be capable of conversion to failsafe, modulating, or both. J+J have been pioneers in developing their user friendly ‘plug & play’ function conversion kits and the kits for the J3C-S Type are the easiest to install yet. Whilst 99.9% of these conversions are installed and tested by J+J at their ISO9001:2015 TUV approved Matlock works, the failsafe and modulating kits can be retro-fitted should a site requirement change after initial supply.
Available from stock: Visitors to J+J’s Matlock works will see healthy stocks of J3C-S on-off actuators, battery back-up failsafe conversion kits, and digital positioner conversion kits which employ a 12 bit encoder and digital magnetic position sensing, producing the most accurate positioner in J+J’s history. This stock offers endless variations of any of the four most popular actuator function requirements; on-off, failsafe, modulating and failsafe modulating.
Tel: +44 (0) 1629 555 77
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 43
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants
- Rotork aids Regeneration: Rotork actuators at the centre of successful UK environmental regeneration
- Emerson Successfully Completes First Point Assessment (FPAL)
- Emerson Wins Contract with Golar LNG
- Truflo Marine attends Laying Ceremony for 4th Astute Class Submarine
- Safety Systems Looks to Asia