Bestobell - World leaders in cryogenic valve design
Bestobell Cryogenic Emergency Shut Off Gate Valve
Kevin Fretwell added, ‘This valve has created a real win-win situation for the cryogenics industry. Superior flow rates mean cryogenic trailers can now be filled and emptied at far greater speed, meaning much better utilization of assets. And on the DN50-DN80 sizes, we’ve reduced downtime even further by including in the design a body seat that is removed from the valve body with the headworks. With conventional gate valves, if the critical valve seat-face is damaged the only solution is to cut the valve body from the pipework. But with the Bestobell Gate Valve you simply remove the headworks, replace the seat and re-install - simple, fast and cost effective. For many years the tyre-type pneumatic actuator has been used predominantly by the industry due to its compact and robust design, and clear method of indicating open and close positions. Indeed, many engineers now view it as the industry standard. The Bestobell Cryogenic Emergency Shut Off Gate Valve now includes this design and offers a single convoluted Air Spring Actuator of rubber construction. It also includes a manual override facility fitted as standard. Now for the first time, these two industry-proven solutions have been combined in this Bestobell Cryogenic Gate Valve, ideal for emergency shut off applications. Bestobell Valves is a world leader in the design and manufacture of cryogenic valves, recognised globally for product quality and innovation. Bestobell valves are used with numerous cryogenic liquefied gases including oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, liquefied natural gas (LNG) and argon.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 2
- KEYSTONE VALVES OFFER A COOL SOLUTION AT CHILL FACTORe
- Flow Group Make waves
- The Bestobell Cryogenic Gate Valve
- China builds its first LNG plant…
- Adanac’s 1000th low temperature test
- Bestobell LNG highly commended in major international award
- Who’s getting high on hydrogen?
- Apollo Valves reappoint Adanac Valves as cryogenic modification specialists: Adanac receive their Approval Certificate from Apollo Valves
- Bestobell LNG Supplies First of Five Skaugen Multigas Carriers
- Emerson expands cryogenic valve testing: Emerson expands cryogenic valve testing to meet growing demand for LNG applications