Emerson Completes Acquisition of Prosys Inc.
Deal adds new software capabilities to improve plant performance and brings new technologies to Emerson’s Operational Certainty™ initiative
“Adding ProSys’ differentiated technologies and expertise allows us to help our customers improve plant performance, safety and profitability by optimising their human and automation resources,” said Mike Train, executive president, Emerson Automation Solutions. “With ProSys, we can provide innovative control and operator performance capabilities to make control room operators far more effective.”
ProSys’ portfolio includes solutions that help operators manage alarms critical to plant production and safety, and efficiently handle changing plant states. In addition, ProSys provides modern, high-performance and intuitive graphics for better operator communications.
ProSys complements Emerson’s May 2017 acquisition of MYNAH Technologies, which provides dynamic simulation and operator training software. Together, these technologies embed expertise to help operators navigate plant systems safely and efficiently, and prepare customers to accommodate the changing state and age of the industrial workforce.
“Our specialisation in software and services that increase operator performance builds on Emerson’s market leadership in automation control systems,” said Dustin Beebe, president and CEO at ProSys. “By working together as one, we can provide even more operational and financial value to customers.” Beebe will join Emerson Automation Solutions as vice president, control and operator performance.
The ProSys software portfolio supports Emerson’s Operational Certainty™ programme designed to help industrial companies achieve Top Quartile performance in areas of safety, reliability, and production.
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. For more information about ProSys Inc., visit www.prosys.com.
Tel: 0870 240 1978
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 44
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd