Curtiss-Wright Offers Restricted Lift Options for a Series of Pressure Relief Valve
Curtiss-Wright’s Industrial Division offers restricted lift options for the Farris 2600/2600L series pressure relief valve.
ASME Code Section VIII and API 526 both provide for certification and use of a restricted lift design for relief valves. Farris’ design option allows operators to customize the valve lift to meet their specific capacity requirements. ASME code requires that restriction should be not less than 30% of the PRV’s full rated lift or less than 0.080 inches.
The benefits of using a restricted lift valve for operators is that they can more closely match the pressure relief valve’s flow capacity to their system’s required capacity. Restricted lift can improve a valve’s performance and stability especially in larger orifice size valves. Pressure relief valves with a restricted lift option are also a cost effective solution for situations where PRV’s experience inlet pressure losses in excess of 3% of set pressure.
To learn more about Farris’ restricted lift product offering, please visit our website at: www.cw-valvegroup.com/farris
Tel: 01536 425 980
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 44
- BiS Valves
- ‘VALVE USERS’ - BEWARE IMITATION PRODUCTS!
- Crane announces new market focused organization
- KKI - STATOIL Frame Agreements
- VALVE USERS - BEWARE BOGUS AGENTS!
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- ASCO Numatics introduces air operated valves
- Bestobell LNG Supplies First of Five Skaugen Multigas Carriers
- Flowserve NAF-ProCap Valve
- Flowserve Swing Check Valves