Sofis Uses Pepperl+Fuchs Sensors for Precise Position Feedback on Manual Valves
VPI provides an overview of manual valve position in plant networks. With a combination of integrated sensors from Pepperl+Fuchs and an innovative counting mechanism that automatically detects valve stem rotation, VPI offers reliable valve position information. Due to highly visible LEDs, valve position can easily be read and reported to the control room. This prevents incorrect positioning of manually operated valves, reduces costs, and increases overall process reliability.
Individual sensor solutions for manual rotary valves
VPI can be used for indication of open and closed position as well as open or closed position. The highly accurate counting mechanism ensures that the open or closed signal is only initiated when a valve has actually reached its final position.
This status indication can be individually configured using different types of sensors from Pepperl+Fuchs.
Thanks to a broad portfolio of inductive sensors with cylindrical or slot housing design and Ex i, Ex nA, versions, users can solve individual applications with maximum flexibility.
A wide temperature range of -50 … +100 °C and versions for safety applications up to SIL 3 make the devices suitable for the most challenging conditions.
Sensor portfolio for the process industry
These sensors are part of Pepperl+Fuchs’ comprehensive portfolio that is tailored to the process industry and valve positioning in particular. Regardless of the location or drive, the range covers products for indoor, outdoor, and extreme conditions. Extensive engineering know-how and decades of experience in explosion protection ensure an absolutely reliable application solution.
Ruggedness combined with quick installation
VPI housings are made of coated aluminum or AISI 316L stainless steel and protect electrical and mechanical components from harsh industrial environments. Thanks to a universal mounting kit for every valve type, VPI can be installed quickly and used anywhere.
• Precise position detection of open and closed manual valves
• Reliable performance thanks to precise parameterization and easy reset of “open/closed” position
• Broad portfolio of inductive sensors for position detection in a variety of housing styles
• Explosion-proof sensors (Ex i and Ex nA) available
• Rated for use up to SIL 3
• Robust coated aluminum or AISI 316 stainless steel housings
• Universal mounting kit for easy installation and versatility
For more information please visit: www.sofisglobal.com/products/valve-position-indicator/
Tel: 0161 633 6431
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 44
- ASCO NUMATICS Announces Series 298-398: Process Valves for use in Aggressive Processes
- Emerson releases Fisher® 8580 rotary valve
- CRANE - A Company Profile: Crane produces high performance products for the chemical, biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
- Metso’s reliable valve and field instrument solutions to sustain performance of renewable gas production in GoBiGas, Sweden
- TT Electronics - High Performance Technology for Valve Position Sensing
- Spirax Sarco helps Northumbrian Water halve its steam raising energy
- A Sensor Worth Its Salt
- Pressure Tech Solution Saves Space, Time and Money
- Flow Technology Services: The DeZurik Rotary Control Valve
- Orseal Valves Utilised in BP’s £3bn Quad 204 Offshore Project