Langley Alloys - Competitive & Convenient
Recent months has seen further investment at Langley Alloys, adding to the services that can be offered to valve and actuator manufacturers. We have just commissioned a large deep-hole borer, in principle able to handle bars up to 600mm diameter and 2.5m long. Due to the size of the machine, it has been installed in a separate facility nearby.
By ordering bored bars directly from Langley Alloys we are able to generate savings in cost from less transport, handling and purchase risk, whilst lead times can also be reduced. Added to which, you only need work with a single point-of-contact, with the benefits of our quality systems and traceability.
Besides providing a competitive general machining service, we can use this capability to offer hollow sections in small amounts that would not otherwise be available ex-stock. Using our metallurgical know-how, we can further process our alloys to create either solid or hollow bars with significantly increased strengths, creatively replacing much more expensive materials options.
During the last 12 months Langley Alloys has been appointed as Sandvik’s UK distribution partner for duplex and super duplex stainless steel bars, and invested £1.5M in stocking a more complete range of nickel alloys (625, 725, 825, 925, K-500, 718).
Besides the newly installed deep-hole borer, our warehouse has seen additional racking to increase our stockholding by up to 30%, combined with more new saws. This upgrade to our main UK location means that we have an improved stock range and depth, quicker and more accurate saws, plus extra processing options, all to support the growth of our customers.
Tel: 01782 610 250
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 45
- Delivering more than just valves
- H.S. Pipequipment leads the way with Delivery Times
- Econosto UK - 25 Years sterling service, much more in the pipeline
- Bigger & Better
- Adding Value: Manufacturers and Distributors - by HSP’s Peter Everett
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- Go with the Flow
- Heap & Partners - More than just another distributor
- it’s all about uptime
- H.S. Pipequipment Relieves The Pressure