WSG Provalve - Valve Ball and Seat Refurbishment
Size Matters. WSG expand on their extensive CNC capabilities and expertise to grind ball valves between 2” and 46” diameters
Debris or particulate can be dragged across the sealing surfaces of the ball and seat during operation causing wear or scoring of the surface.
Damage will most likely affect the ‘soft’ polymeric seat material as it is not as resilient as the steel ball.
However, depending on the service or the type of entrained solids in the pipeline, the ball surface can also become impaired. When scoring or damage occurs to either the ball or seat, this is likely to lead to leakage through the closed valve.
‘Soft’ valve seats are designed so that they can be easily, and cost effectively replaced and WSG Provalve are expert at renewing or re-profiling these inserts.
Also, at WSG Provalve, with our specialist equipment and expertise, balls can be cost effectively repaired and put back into service within days, sometimes even hours.
At our newly built 35,000 sq.ft. valve service facility in Normanton, we have 3 Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) dual axis ball grinding machines that allow us to spherically grind balls from 2” to 46” Diameter, in a wide range of materials, to tighter tolerances than conventional ball lapping machines.
These materials include but are not limited to; high strength steels such as 17/4PH, F51/F55 Duplex, AISI 4140 and hard facings such as Tungsten Carbide and Stellite.
Tel: 01924 898 250
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 45
- Comid Valve Services - A New Look...A New Logo...A New Era…
- Intelligent reliability with Life Cycle Services
- BVAA Welcomes Greg Johnson
- BiS Valves
- Leeds Valve joins the Flow Group
- Supply, Service, Repair- On Demand, On Time, Every Time: Company Overview Valve disassembly area- Intelligent Partnerships
- Fisher® Certifies ESI
- Heaps supply Ball Valves to ASME III + Seismic Qualification
- ‘VALVE USERS’ - BEWARE IMITATION PRODUCTS!
- Crane announces new market focused organization