Maher Ltd requalifies for the Achilles Joint Qualification System (JQS)
Maher Ltd has recently requalified for the Achilles Joint Qualification System (JQS) for suppliers to the oil industry in Norway and Denmark
Achilles JQS is a supplier register and pre-qualification system used by the buyers in the Norwegian and Danish oil and gas sector to manage supplier information and risk within the supply chain as well as to procure efficiently in accordance with EU regulations.
The Norwegian Offshore market is part of one of the most demanding sectors in the world. Health and safety, environment, quality management and documentation are very important. Holding the Achilles JQS certification means that Maher Ltd can easily demonstrate that it has robust systems in place across a wide range of key business activities and that these are being consistently implemented to the high standard which is required.
Maher Ltd’s sales engineer, Robert Simpson, who works closely with the company’s Norwegian customers, said: ‘I’m pleased that our hard work has been recognised by Achilles once again. The qualification is very important to our customers and a great way for us to demonstrate our continual improvement.’
Robert will also be attending Offshore Northern Seas (ONS 2018), which is held in Stavanger, Norway from 27 August 2018 - 30 August 2018, where he will be happy to discuss Maher Ltd’s capabilities.
In addition to its core stock holding business of nickel and special alloys such as 718, 625, 725 and K500 to name a few, the business has also heavily invested in its comprehensive in-house machine shop. Along with first stage machining Maher Ltd can offer many finished machined components. Through experience the Sheffield based company understands the special materials they stock and how they behave under machining, which means that they are also a great partner for first article and R&D requirements.
Tel: 0114 290 9201
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 46
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion
- AUMA become BVAA Members
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years
- AUMA - British Energy extends actuator agreement
- AUMA achieves second United Utilities award
- Anglian Water adoptspioneering AUMA training programme
- Ron Hague - Valve & Actuator Specialists: A company overview from new BVAA member Ron Hague Ltd
- Rotork successfully defends intellectual property rights in China: Autork guilty of copying and unfair competition
- Russian production of valves and accessories in 2008 -Figures and facts, analytical review