Curtiss-Wright’s Farris 3800L Series Pressure Relief Valve Receives ASME Approval
The addition of air, gas and vapor certification allows for the Farris 3800L with PCM control to be ASME Code stamped for use in both compressible and non-compressible services. The availability of a pilot operated relief valve certified for both compressible and non-compressible services provides for an attractive option in applications that can experience two-phase flow.
Operators typically have to choose between using a liquid or vapor certified pressure relief valve which will generally only perform properly under one type of service fluid. The 3800L with PCM control offers plant operators greater assurance that the relief valve will operated as intended during an overpressure situation in both compressible and non-compressible services.
When the 3800L is used for more than one fluid type or for two phase flow applications, the nameplate may be marked with both an air and liquid certified capacity and ASME Code Stamped.
There is no change in the overall valve design or spring selection. Valve opening pressure remains within ASME Code tolerances regardless of the relieving fluid condition. To learn more about Farris’ 3800L with PCM control product offering, please visit our website.
Tel: 01536 425 980
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 46
- BiS Valves
- ‘VALVE USERS’ - BEWARE IMITATION PRODUCTS!
- Crane announces new market focused organization
- KKI - STATOIL Frame Agreements
- VALVE USERS - BEWARE BOGUS AGENTS!
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- ASCO Numatics introduces air operated valves
- Bestobell LNG Supplies First of Five Skaugen Multigas Carriers
- Flowserve NAF-ProCap Valve
- Flowserve Swing Check Valves