Introducing Alco’s Quick Connect Fitting for rapid testing solutions
The QCF is designed for rapid connections and disconnections to components with internal threads for a maximum test pressure of up to 15,000 psi. By simply screwing in the fitting hand tight, without any sealant or thread tape, a safe pressuretight seal is achieved with additional benefit of saving lengthy set up times.
Factory acceptance test regimes can be established processes that require real forward thinking to improve efficiencies, reduce operational costs and help drive on time deliveries. The QCF provides a fantastic opportunity for customers to radically reduce their operating times whilst retaining exceptional levels of safety.
Over the last 12 months, the QCF has played a pivotal role in reducing set up times within the testing department at Alco. This has also enabled Alco to perform extensive validation testing on the product prior to its release.
Andrew Walton, Testing Manager at Alco Valves Group, commented:
“The introduction of the QCF technology to our testing department has enabled us to become quicker at testing valves, by reducing set up times by approximately 50%. The feedback from the testing staff is only positive and I cannot imagine going back to the old methods of connecting.”
The QCF works on a pressure energised system that utilises a piston style collar to generate a seal between the outer face of the test specimen and test fitting, using HNBR O-rings.
• Reliable & Robust
• Made from corrosion resistant stainless steel
• No PTFE tape or thread sealant required
• Easy to maintain
• Safe and simple to use
• Protects test specimen from potential thread damage
• Seals available in AED compliant materials
Pressure Ratings Available:
• Up to 15,000 psi (1034 bar) Sizes Available:
• 1/4" NPT-M to 1/4" Medium Pressure Threaded Connection
• 3/8" NPT-M to 1/4" Medium Pressure Threaded Connection
• 1/2" NPT-M to 1/4" Medium Pressure Threaded Connection
• 3/4" NPT-M to 1/4" Medium Pressure Threaded Connection
*Other sizes available upon request
Tel: 01484 710511
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 47
- Emission Possible - Truflo Marine Invest in Positive Material Identification
- TWM – The verdict is unanimous
- Total Carbide’s Tungsten Carbide Crush Rolls
- Emerson introduces FIELDVUE™
- Hardide Coatings Sales Team Strengthened
- TCUK - Titanium Castings for Valves and Pumps
- Maher’s Commitment to Quality
- James Walker sets Benchmark
- Gee is for Graphite!: Company Profile
- Dichtomatik authorised distributor for Dupont Kalrez seals