Rotary Selector Valve
Whatever configuration you need, we can meet the challenge with our multi-talented rotary selector valve
Each RSV bank is pneumatically independent but linked by a common central spindle, enabling separate air paths to be controlled concurrently; each output is effectively a valve in itself. The RSV can incorporate an integral electrical rotary switch which allows fluid and electrical circuits to be controlled simultaneously or can be used simply to provide positional indication remotely at the control centre.
The valve was first introduced in the late 1950’s, and has remained largely unaltered, and due to its versatility it is widely used in industry for a vast range of applications involving the switching of liquids, vapours and gases.
A Fluid Control Valve Suitable for Air/Gases/Vapours and other Liquids, Pressure range –1 +10 Bar, Fluid Temperature 85°C (185°F) Available in Brass and St/Stl, with Fluoro-Elastomer Seals and PTFE or ACETAL Resin Stems, depending on the nature of the fluid or gas being used.
Positive positioning comes from an indexing mechanism allowing the operator to have genuine feel of the valves various positions, eliminating the possibility of the valve being left in mid position. Flexibility comes from the fact that each valve can have its own unique inner spindle, so with multibank valves each bank can have its own configuration.
Should it be required, security is provided by key locking the valve. Heavy-duty stainless steel versions are available for harsh environments.
Electrical Interface is provided from a rotary electrical switch directly coupled to the spindle and mounted on the base of the valve.
Standard configurations or custom built to your specification with no cost penalty.
• Eliminates cross leakage of multiport ball valves
• Modular construction, available in either 4 or 6 port
• Brass or stainless steel.
• Multi banks can accommodate different media
• Fluid and gas can be switched simultaneously.
• Electric switches can be fitted for positional
indication or controlling associated equipment
• We can provide in any combination
• Locking handles
• PTFE stems
• Weatherproof enclosures
• Explosion proof switches
• Spring returns
Tel: 01424 205 140
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 47
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- BiS Valves
- ‘VALVE USERS’ - BEWARE IMITATION PRODUCTS!
- Crane announces new market focused organization
- KKI - STATOIL Frame Agreements
- VALVE USERS - BEWARE BOGUS AGENTS!
- ASCO Numatics introduces air operated valves
- Bestobell LNG Supplies First of Five Skaugen Multigas Carriers
- Flowserve NAF-ProCap Valve
- Flowserve Swing Check Valves