‘Wear it Pink’ 2018
Altogether the movement has generated £31.5 million towards life-saving research. The research aims to discover how to prevent breast cancer, how to detect it earlier and how to treat it effectively at every stage.
Here at the BVAA we dressed in our pinkest garments, offered up some pink cakes and sweets and got fundraising. The event was held during our Business Development group meeting which meant the whole group could get involved (lucky them!).
Firstly we would like thank all those who took part which includes all of the BVAA team (Rob Bartlett, Rob Boycott, Karen Webb, Barbra Homer, Ellie Davies and Laura Martin) and the following BVAA members:
• Tim Guest (Zoedale Ltd)
• Ian Barber (Emerson)
• Stuart Billingham (Koso Kent Introl)
• Dave Godfrey (Rotork Controls Ltd)
• Laurence Kettle (Rotork Controls Ltd)
• Gavin Wheeler (The Great British Valve Group)
In total we raised just shy of £140. Not bad for an afternoon! Congratulations to Tim Guest from Zoedale for winning the ‘Guess the balloon’ competition (the prize being a cake and kudos!).
The ‘Wear it Pink’ fundraising event is being held in 2019 and if your company or institution is interesting in getting involved more information can be found at:
Its a fun way to raise funds and get the whole office involved whilst looking fabulous in pink.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 48
- Seals Meeting
- Repair Meeting
- BVAA’s Desktop Exhibition at MW Kellogg
- Dave Martin Honoured
- Flowserve Nuclear Success
- Hardide Coatings develops new coating for titanium
- New Product Announcements Application Stories Company Profiles Industry News: British Valve & Actuator Association
- BVAA ‘Regional Meetings’
- BVAA ‘Mad Hatters’: How far can you go wearing a BVAA Hat?
- Score Peterhead Desktop Exhibition