Industrial valves - Metallic check valves – draft issued for Public Comment prEN 16767
What is it?: This document specifies the general requirements for metallic check valves, which are forged, cast or fabricated in straight, angle or oblique pattern (see EN 736-2) with end connections flanged or wafer, butt welding, socket welding, or threaded.
This document applies to metallic check valves used for all industrial applications.
Why is it important?: It is now CEN TC69 policy to have one product standard covering all materials. Therefore EN16767 is being revised to include copper alloy materials.
The UK situation is that we still retain as current BS 5154. This standard covered copper alloy gate, globe and check valves. It is partly superseded by EN12288 copper alloy gate valves. We also have BS 7438 current which is for single disc spring loaded wafer type check valves in both steel and copper alloy.
Supersedes: If this revision to EN16767 is adopted BS 7438 and part of BS5154 will be superseded and withdrawn. Will potentially update the 2016 version of EN16767.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 48
- Seals Meeting
- Repair Meeting
- BVAA’s Desktop Exhibition at MW Kellogg
- Dave Martin Honoured
- Flowserve Nuclear Success
- Hardide Coatings develops new coating for titanium
- New Product Announcements Application Stories Company Profiles Industry News: British Valve & Actuator Association
- BVAA ‘Regional Meetings’
- BVAA ‘Mad Hatters’: How far can you go wearing a BVAA Hat?
- Score Peterhead Desktop Exhibition