Control Valve Solutions makes Huge Investment towards Valve Market Leadership
Our team visited 12 sites. They scored each facility against our criteria. In December 2017, the team presented their findings and recommended three potential facilities.
Eight months later, we reached an agreement to acquire Unit 7, Minto Place in Altens, Aberdeen, a poorly maintained but modern building that needed some serious work!
Managing Director, Mick Beavers, was Project Manager, ensuring that there was no interruption to business. We set a bold budget with almost Ł1m raised for the project through retained profits, outgoing tenant negotiations, Scottish Enterprise funding, and a business loan from Clydesdale Bank.
The property project involved 32 contractors, employed to complete various parts of the project. The project led to three new services at CVS:
• An extensive machine shop with various machines that enable us to conduct in-house machining of valves and associated products, specifically valve machining for sizes up to 36 inches.
• A fabrication shop that allows the business to react quickly to mounting kits and other ad-hoc welding requirements.
• A fully certified de-contamination facility, located in the large 2,400 sq./m yard and having various stages of separation, the interceptor is also linked to the test facility.
The 1,700 sq./m workshop has a high specification floor system, five dedicated assembly bays serviced by a 16 ton overhead crane, 3 disassembly areas, segregated from the clean areas of the Operations Team. A coatings facility contains two blast bays, a large PLC controlled drying room and a state-of-the-art paint booth. In addition, the Stores/Logistics team have a new toy installed: A 32 shelf, 8.2M tall Kardex machine with an 8ton capacity for holding stock holding and a floor footprint of 2Mx4M. We upgraded the test facilities with three high-pressure test modules with each able to test up to 22,500psi hydrostatic and 15,000psi pneumatic, submersible tanks to ensure we carry out safety and accurate tests. For PSVs, there are two bays fitted with high accuracy test equipment and all the specialist tools required for PSV service, repair and testing. To complement the facility, we built a large R&D laboratory, enabling staff and clients to develop solutions with us.
Our new office space have low energy LED lighting and we replaced all flooring. Every wall received a new coat of paint. Our reception area showcases CVS’ ‘F1 Dream’. This represents our drive to become best-in-class, not just in the valve industry but in our culture, teamwork and communication.
Six months later, our staff are moving in! It’s been an incredible project for CVS. Our directors made a huge investment at a time when the Oil & Gas industry just started to recover.
Mick Beavers explains why he made this investment, “You have to invest and show your continued support to an industry that is looking for ways to reduce costs and become more efficient at bringing new technologies to the industry. At CVS, we believe that we have raised the bar as market leaders in our industry.”
The new facility will officially open this March, coinciding with the 10th anniversary of Control Valve Solutions.
Tel: 01224 583 116
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 48
- Kent Introl Re-brand Unveiled
- Apollo Valves - Five Year Warranty
- New Flowserve Publication Helps Customers Eliminate Control Valve Cavitation
- Adanac Aid Comic Relief
- Truflo Marine hosts 19th BAE Key Supplier Forum
- BLACK GOES GREEN
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
- Truflo Marine retain IIP Accreditation
- PPE ExpandsPPE Completes Research, Manufacturing and Training Facilities Expansion