Rotork adds Plug and Socket Option to IQ Range
The new optional modular Rotork plug and socket interface provides a fast connect / disconnect option for IQ3 multi-turn and IQT3 part-turn actuators, encompassing 3-phase, 1-phase and DC (IQT3 only) electrical variants and including many actuators with explosionproof EXd enclosures conforming to ATEX, IECEx, CSA and CSAus international standards.
The plug and socket terminal cover maintains the integrity of the actuator’s double-sealed enclosure and IP68 watertight environmental protection (submersible in 20 metres of water for 10 days).
A plug and socket interface is favoured in some industries for providing quick and easy field wiring and quick removal or interchange of actuators for maintenance and other operating requirements. The Rotork solution provides further flexibility to the advanced, user-friendly design of the IQ actuators.
These include secure Bluetooth® non-intrusive setting and commissioning, an information-rich display, real-time status reporting and configurable datalogging to provide detailed analysis of the valve condition and asset management support.
Tel: 0113 256 7922
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 48
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork