Arc Energy raising money for Action Medical Research
Race the Sun – Offa’s Dyke Saturday 15th June 2019
Figures show that 61,000 babies are born prematurely each year in the UK and tragically more than 1,000 lose their little lives.
The charity aims to collectively to raise £1 million by 2020 through a number of innovative fundraising events to aid groundbreaking medical research that could go on to benefit millions.
The Arc Energy team consists of:-
- Bob Davies (Inspector)
- Martin Sandles (Project & Marketing Manager)
- Mark Farrell (Project Manager)
- John Haines (Senior Welding Engineer)
- Cliff Hall (in reserve) (Sales Manager)
This well-equipped team will tackle hills, rain and rapids as they take on the brand-new ‘Race the Sun’ Challenge in Offa’s Dyke.
This challenge includes 34km of cycling, a 30km trek along Offa’s Dyke and finally a 3.5km Canoe along the Rive Wye, starting at sunrise and finishing by sunset.
This intensive three stage challenge in Wales will put the team to the test pushing them to their limits and challenging their endurance.
The BVAA wish them every success in their endeavours and would ask anyone thinking of donating to this worthy cause to do so via their giving page. All donations will make the sore, wet arms, legs and bums, that will no doubt be experienced over the next couple of months, through training and of course the main event, all worthwhile.
BVAA will of course make a donation.
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 49
- Seals Meeting
- Repair Meeting
- BVAA’s Desktop Exhibition at MW Kellogg
- Dave Martin Honoured
- Flowserve Nuclear Success
- Hardide Coatings develops new coating for titanium
- New Product Announcements Application Stories Company Profiles Industry News: British Valve & Actuator Association
- BVAA ‘Regional Meetings’
- BVAA ‘Mad Hatters’: How far can you go wearing a BVAA Hat?
- Score Peterhead Desktop Exhibition