Broder Metals Group: global reach, personal touch
We complement our steel range with Aluminium Bronzes and as well as specialist nickel / silicon bronze grades for high specification environments. Our full stock range can be seen on our website http://www.broder-metals-group.com
We have held our ISO 9001 quality management system certification since 2005, and in June 2019 gained certification to AS 9120, the aerospace distributor quality system accreditation.
We have always worked closely with fastener manufacturers in the UK and abroad (approximately 50% of turnover is exported), but one area that we started to focus on a few years ago is the Valve and Actuator market. We are pleased to see that our sales to Valve and Actuator companies increased by 68% over last year to reach over £600,000 sales value.
Why are we seeing this growth?
- We hold stocks of grades & sizes appropriate for the Valve and Actuator marketplace – we expanded our range by listening to customers and understanding how we could best help them to grow their businesses.
- Using our traditional fast response to quotations & despatch, on which we have built our business over last 16 years, to ensure that stock items leave us within one day of order receipt on an agreed range of grades & sizes. Cutting to length obviously takes longer but our focus remains on delivering product to customers just as quickly as we can, and we are proud of our on-time delivery performance.
- Using our knowledge and experience of standards and end-user specifications to help our customers by supplying material that meets their particular requirements, whether this is by re-heat treating and / or testing (including testing under witness with intent of 3.2) where necessary.
- By expanding all of the above through using Sheffield’s extensive sub-contract network to provide a range of machining and boring operations on material, so we could reduce our customer’s internal workload and own lead times. This now includes providing more precision machining of stepped, shaft and other associated products.
As Mark Burton, our Managing Director says: “In a nutshell we do what we are good at – listening to customers, and wherever we can, helping customers to win more business by speed of reaction, flexibility and a willingness to provide value added work as an extension to merely supplying bar product.”
Our tag line is “Global Reach, Personal Touch”, and we aim to provide a professional, yet friendly service, built upon lasting business relationships to maintain our level of growth in the Valve & Actuator market.
Tel: 0114 232 9240
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 50
- Emission Possible - Truflo Marine Invest in Positive Material Identification
- Gee is for Graphite!: Company Profile
- TWM – The verdict is unanimous
- Total Carbide’s Tungsten Carbide Crush Rolls
- Emerson introduces FIELDVUE™
- Hardide Coatings Sales Team Strengthened
- TCUK - Titanium Castings for Valves and Pumps
- Maher’s Commitment to Quality
- James Walker sets Benchmark
- Dichtomatik authorised distributor for Dupont Kalrez seals