AUMA secures major water project
Selection of actuation technology was managed by Enpure and over 80 AUMA actuators have been supplied including quarter-turn and multi-turn products. Remote-mounted electric actuator control systems have been installed for valves with restricted access and AUMA has provided actuation for penstocks.
The focus of this project centred on upgrading a treatment plant. Suppliers needed to work within the constraints of available space between existing structures and it was essential that the water supply was maintained while new technology was installed. This was where AUMA’s modular approach to actuation was particularly beneficial as the new valve control technology was installed on site without a break in the water flow.
The Enpure-Morrison Consortium was appointed contractor for the project by Dee Valley Water. Commenting on the adoption of AUMA’s actuation technology, Gordon Entwistle, Capital Programme Manager for Dee Valley Water said:
“Previously, the works had been largely operator controlled and therefore manually operated. As part of the upgrade we have introduced increased automation: this has meant that all valves on inlets and outlets need to be capable of being remotely controlled and effective at controlling flow / sealing as required. The complete process needs to be reliable and is managed centrally by an intelligent control system that communicates to all the field actuators.”
Located just one mile from the historic City of Chester and supplying a population of 100,000 meant that communication with local residents during the refurbishment was essential. Absolute reliability was required and guarantees had to be given of meeting the agreed completion dates. AUMA’s forty year track record in the actuation industry, and established credentials supplying Dee Valley Water and its predecessor companies, meant the necessary reliability in meeting project deadlines could be assured.
Auma Actuators Ltd, Tel: 01275 871141
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 11
- New director will build on power station success story at Exeeco
- Rotork valve actuators specified for southwest China’s first major refinery
- Attention to Detail and Communication is the Key to Successful Valve Actuation: Peter Everett, CEO of H.S. Pipequipment comments on valve actuation
- BVAA Chairman Bill Whiteley leaves Rotork after twelve years as Chief Executive Officer
- The Importance of Reliable Valve Torque Measurement for Predictive Maintenance
- Rotork IQPro electric valve actuators with the SIL (Safety Integrity Level) option
- Hydraulic actuators for South Atlantic floating production vessel
- Emerson’s Valve Automation Division
- Rotork’s Golden Celebration
- AUMA Actuators Ltd: Leading modular actuation technology for over 40 years