New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics
Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
"The Flowserve Limitorque MX/QX dashboard software helps our oil and gas, power and water customers save time and money by allowing users to easily and rapidly configure Limitorque MX and QX actuators," said Earnest Carey Jr., Product Manager, "Flowserve Limitorque. With Bluetooth connectivity, Limitorque MX and QX customers can use the new dashboard software to evaluate actuator performance and make necessary adjustments wirelessly."
The dashboard software allows users to configure the actuator in real time, or use the offline mode to program and save unit configuration to a PC or PDA to upload once a Bluetooth link is established. Diagnostics can be easily downloaded from the actuator to a PC or PDA to be saved, analyzed or e-mailed by the program to Limitorque for evaluation.
Bluetooth, an optional feature for Limitorque MX and QX actuators, contains Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS), which enables reliable remote communication even in "noisy" environments. Bluetooth communication is accessible up to 10 meters (30 feet) from the actuator in all directions. The privacy of the link is ensured with 128-bit data encryption and password protection. The dashboard can communicate with Bluetooth-equipped PCs, PDAs or cell phones compatible with the Microsoft Windows® Mobile platform and the MX/QX dashboard actuator diagnostics graphical user interface software.
The software is free for Flowserve customers who select the Bluetooth option for their Limitorque MX or QX actuator. For a nominal fee, customers can purchase the dashboard for actuators with an IrDA port, which comes standard with each unit. To get a copy of the software, contact Earnie Carey at email@example.com
The Limitorque QX, introduced in 2009, is a quarter-turn, smart electronic valve actuator designed to enhance safety and reduce downtime through improved diagnostics, built-in self-test (BIST) features and LimiGardTM fault protection capabilities. The Limitorque QX includes a patent-pending absolute encoder, which tracks position without the use of batteries.
The Limitorque MX is the first-generation smart electronic valve actuator from Flowserve. Introduced in 1997, the MX is a smart multi-turn actuator designed to provide control, ease of use and accuracy.
Flowserve Flow Control
Tel: (0)1444 314400
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 10
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- An Introduction to Networks Control systems for valve actuators
- Rotork Intelligent valve actuation for solar power plants
- Rotork aids Regeneration: Rotork actuators at the centre of successful UK environmental regeneration