Emerson Enters into Supplier Services Agreement with Fluor Corporation to Provide Automation and Control Solutions and Services.
Fluor used a rigorous analysis and evaluation process to select Emerson as a supply partner. As a Fluor preferred automation and control supplier, Emerson will support risk mitigation efforts on large projects involving automation and control instrumentation and services.
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, USA, and with offices in the UK and Ireland, Fluor is one of the world’s leading publicly traded engineering, procurement, construction, operations, maintenance, and project management firms. It has procured more than $60 billion of equipment, materials, and services over the last decade and manages more than 1,000 projects annually. Fluor’s customer’s span key industries, including energy, chemicals, life sciences, water, transportation, manufacturing, government, and power production, including alternative power.
“Due to the depth and breadth of Emerson’s technology, products and services, as well as our global supply chain, we can greatly contribute to risk mitigation in important areas of project delivery and execution such as schedule, cost, quality, and safety,” said Lance Boudreaux, Fluor account director, Emerson Process Management. “We bring the industry leading technology, expertise, and resources from more than 15 different Emerson divisions that are involved in this global strategic supply agreement with Fluor.”
Through the strategic supply agreement (known as a SRA Agreement within Fluor), Emerson will supply its complete product range and services that comprise PlantWeb® digital plant architecture, including its Fisher® FIELDVUE® digital valve controllers and valves, Rosemount® transmitters, Rosemount Analytical analysers, Daniel® flow meters, and Micro Motion® Coriolis flow meters. Also supplied will be PlantWeb process control and asset optimisation technologies including DeltaV™ and Ovation® digital automation systems, and AMS® Suite predictive maintenance software; Emerson industrial drives from Control Techniques; motors from US Motors® (NEC) and Leroy-Somer® (IEC); Bettis®, Hytork®, and El-O-Matic® actuators, as well as Emerson Industrial Automation™ Appleton® (NEC) and ATX® (IEC) electrical construction material products.
The SRA relationship between the two companies allows their mutual end users to benefit from efficient project development, execution, and design, including through early supplier integration. This process, coined by the Construction Industry Institute (CII) as PEpC (Procure strategic suppliers, Engineering, procurement transactions, Construct), was demonstrated in a CII study to significantly reduce project time and improve overall project efficiencies.
For more information, visit
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 9
- SIPOS’ subterranean solution
- Rotork’s Automation Project: Valve automation delivers centralised monitoring and control to pipeline network
- Versatile Controls Introduce VERSA C-316
- Essential requirement: Procuring actuated valves
- Emerson’s latest digital valve controllers have logged more than 1 billion hours of reliable operation and diagnostic service: Innovative feedback technology and diagnostic capabilities of Fisher® FIELDVUE™ DVC6200 instruments help improve process performance worldwide
- Rotork provides a simplified flood defence solution
- Score’s Valve Automation Team – The Full Service
- A New Book On Valve Actuators - by Chris Warnett: An up to date and comprehensive introduction to the design, selection, sizing, and application of today’s valve and damper actuators.
- Induchem UK Celebrates F4N Status
- Why Is Compressed Air A Poor Choice? And Not Just For Valve Actuation…