Pakscan digital valve control goes wireless
Utilising the internationally accepted 2.4GHz frequency the Pakscan P3 wireless network card gives the user access to all the standard data available from the wired Pakscan system, together with the diagnostic and asset management information stored by Rotork actuator data logger and configuration files. It allows easy extraction of these files, which up until now have only been downloadable locally, using hand held tools.
The wireless system also increases the available actuator count of each master station to 300, and has a line-of-site operating range of approximately 70 metres indoors and 1000 metres outdoors. The use of meshing and repeaters further increases the range to individual field units.
To provide robust on-site communications, the wireless option operates a meshing system which will ensure that all nodes have the facility of at least two routes back to the master station. If the normal traffic route is blocked, the network will find another way to route the messages. This self-healing network complements the loop-back capabilities of the established Pakscan two-wire loop and therefore makes it an ideal addition to the Pakscan range. Along with the existing in-built security features of the Pakscan P3 system, the security of data over the air is ensured by using encryption facilities.
Support for third party devices such as pumps and flowmeters is possible using the Rotork general purpose field control unit (GPFCU), where the communications from the supervisory control system are transparently routed to the device.
Pakscan P3 wireless offers simple access to asset management information. Built in web pages make it possible to easily extract actuator data logger and configuration files from the control room.
ROTORK CONTROLS LTD.
Tel: +44 1225 733200
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 9
- Rotork introduces compact electric actuator solution for marine valve applications
- South East Water awards valve actuation framework agreement to Rotork
- New Flowserve Software Simplifies Actuator Configuration, Diagnostics: Flowserve Dashboard Allows Bluetooth® Connectivity with Limitorque MX and QX
- Emerson’s Smart Wireless Solution Reliably Monitors Critical Fuel and Feedstock Delivery at BP Bitumen
- Rotork’s new CVA, mounted to a Metso valve
- Australia’s ‘Droughtbuster’ scheme chooses Rotork
- Rotork completes major valve actuation upgrade at one of Severn Trent’s water treatment works
- Emerson First to Offer WirelessHART- Automation Products
- Flooding proves the watertight case for Rotork Actuators
- Smart Wireless Communication