Truflo Marine hosts 19th BAE Key Supplier Forum
Truflo Marine is a well-established and highly respected naval marine valve manufacturer and has been supplying high integrity valves for warships and submarines since 1962.
Ten of BAE’s key suppliers attended. This represented almost 70% of BAE’s supply chain and included Rolls Royce, Babcock Marine (S&H) as well as BAE’s customer, the Ministry of Defence. Truflo Marine extended their hospitality to the Skills Academy for Manufacturing, a world class centre of excellence and innovation in skills. It provides an independent national standard for manufacturing training content, advice and delivery.
BAE Systems Submarine Solutions is responsible for the design, build and commissioning of the Astute Submarine which will be the most powerful vessel of its kind ever operated by the Royal Navy.
Both Malcolm Dare and Ian Burns BAE Systems Submarine Solutions Supply Chain Director and Head of Supply Chain respectively, addressed the delegates.
Ian Burns has since expressed his sincere thanks to Truflo Marine; ‘On behalf of BAE can I thank you for your excellent hosting of Key Supplier Forum 19. The hospitality was excellent and Truflo showed themselves to be a dynamic and forward thinking company. The shop floor is a real credit to the progress made over the last few years.’
Bob Bowser, Managing Director for Truflo Marine concluded that the day had been a huge success and had achieved the aim in further developing already strong relationships and cementing key supplier commitment to BAE.
Truflo Marine Tel: 0121 327 4789
Published in Valve User Magazine Issue 9
- Kent Introl Re-brand Unveiled
- Apollo Valves - Five Year Warranty
- New Flowserve Publication Helps Customers Eliminate Control Valve Cavitation
- Adanac Aid Comic Relief
- BLACK GOES GREEN
- Shipham Valves make significant investment to machining and pressure test facilities
- Blackhall Engineer Wins Award
- Hardide at NACE: Hardide Coatings selected to present at NACE CORROSION 2010
- Emerson Successfully Completes First Point Assessment (FPAL)
- Emerson Wins Contract with Golar LNG